Styles and Format
The general style of scientific articles which PJGD accepts is: Title, Authors and Affiliation, Abstract, Introduction, Statement of the Problem followed by objective, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion and References. The process and section are clearly prescribed hereunder and divided into two sections i) experimental process, and ii) specific section.
The sections appear in a journal style paper in the following prescribed order:
However, authors need to follow the specific style given under types of manuscript and their length such as Original Research Article (8,000-10,000 words); Review Articles: (8,000-10,000 words); Feature Articles: (5,000-8,000 words); Research Notes: (3,000-5,000 words); Commentaries: (1,000-3,000 words) and Book Review: (2,000 to 4,000 words).
Common Format of PJGD Manuscripts:
All the types of manuscripts should be submitted both as a single PDF and Microsoft Word File containing the following three elements in order:
1. Text: Text should have figures, illustrations, graphs, tables embedded within it and they should be followed by explanation
- Abbreviations: They should be defined in parentheses the first time they appear in the abstract, main text and in figure or table captions and used consistently thereafter.
- Font size: 12pt (applies to all text, including titles and headings)
- Typeface: Times New Roman (with the exception of equations and computer code)
- Headings should be in bold and All Caps and subheadings should be in bold and upper lower case
- Spacing: 1.5
- Page margins: 1 inch
- Page numbers: Bottom of page (center)
- Equations (if any) should be left-justified. Equations should be editable by the editorial office and not appear in a picture format.
- Computer code should be written in Calibri instead of Times New Roman.
2. Figures, Illustrations, Graphs and Tables: figures, illustrations, graphs, tables must be listed before the explanation of the text. Each should contain the following:
- Figures, Illustrations, Graphs, Tables (g. Figure 1., Illustration 1., Graphs 1., Table 1.)
- Caption including 1) a one-sentence title in bold and 2) a detailed description of the figures, illustrations, graphs, tables.
- Figures/Tables: Figures should be a high quality image in any common image format and should have at least 300 dpi or higher resolutions. Common formats are accepted, however, TIFF, JPEG, EPS and PDF are preferred.